First published in 2014, Rebecca Fett's "It Starts with the Egg: How the Science of Egg Quality Can Help You Get Pregnant Naturally, Prevent Miscarriage, and Improve Your Odds in IVF" became the guide for women going through fertility struggles almost entirely through word of mouth. It continues to be Amazon's #1 best seller in fertility and read by one in three women undergoing IVF in the United States. This 2019 edition is a research-based update to the classic with over 30,000 readers each year.
- 3-month program to improve egg quality with advice specific to various fertility challenges, including endometriosis, diminished ovarian reserve, PCOS and recurrent miscarriages
- Practical guidance on how to select supplements and optimize nutrition for fertility and healthy pregnancy
- A new chapter on sperm quality
- Realistic, nuanced advice on reducing exposure to environmental toxins
It Starts with the Egg's Supplement Plan
The book takes the guesswork out of finding the supplements that support multiple aspects of egg quality:
- Energizing your eggs with CoQ10
- Protecting your eggs with antioxidants
- Using DHEA for diminished ovarian reserve
- Preparing for embryo transfer
- When to take L-Arginine (and when not to)
- & more
The Bigger Picture of Fertility
It Starts with the Egg goes beyond the nutritional supplements to guide women and men on the TTC journey:
- Action plan for supporting and improving sperm quality
- Reducing exposure to environmental toxins that impair fertility
- The egg quality diet: How to approach blood sugar, gluten/dairy, diet and more
Comprehensive, science-driven guide to nutrition and lifestyle that support fertility with realistic, actionable steps.
Men and women preparing for pregnancy, trying to conceive or undergoing fertility treatments.